Hazardous waste disposal in Vancouver is necessary due to certain health concerns surrounding “hard to dispose of” items. A specialized approach is critical as your regular trash pickup will not take these items. If not properly disposed of, these toxic items can have a negative effect on the environment, wildlife humans.
The Benefits of Professional Hazardous Waste Disposal
- Ensure the health and safety of the entire family (especially vulnerable pets and little ones)
- Keep the environment safe by following strict laws, rules and regulations regarding hazardous waste
- Educate yourself regarding what you need to do for future disposals, and how you can keep your family safe
- Ensure certain materials are gathered and sent out for lab testing
What are “hard to dispose of” items?
It can be hard to know exactly what can be disposed of regularly and what should be picked up by a hazardous waste disposal company. According to WM, these are the products that should be looked out for:
- Automotive liquids and products like antifreeze, motor oil, oil filters, car polish, car wash and gasoline/fuel
- Asbestos-containing items
- Home and car batteries
- Electronics like TVs, computers, laptops, printers, cellphones and fax machines etc…
- Thermostats and thermometers that contain mercury
- Paint products like latex, oil-based paints, spray paint, wood stains and other finishes and lacquers
- gardening products like pesticides, fertilizers and insecticides
- Needles and syringes
- Household cleaning products and chemicals like bleach, toilet bowl cleaner, carpet cleaner etc…
The Benefits of Reaching Out to a Professional
- Protect your local habitats (chemicals can leak into water supplies, get absorbed by the earth and be incredibly difficult to clean up)
- Reduce raw material consumption (when you recycle, you reduce the number of raw materials that need to be mined or created for manufacturing and consumption)
- Reduce fossil fuels (recycling requires fewer fossil fuels than production)
- Reduce emissions (when fewer fossil fuels are burned, less carbon dioxide is released into the atmosphere)
If you require professional hazardous waste disposal in Vancouver, our services are aimed at ensuring your family’s safety as well as the environment. Please get in touch with us to learn more and get started.