When it comes to mold removal in Vancouver, the most important part is catching it before it has a chance to develop and turn into a significant problem. Countless families, businesses and even public structures have dealt with mold problems as they can be quite stubborn, however, not impossible to remove.
What is mould?
Mold is a microorganism that is found everywhere and able to grow on almost anything if moist or humid enough. Because certain areas in the home tend to be more humid than others, mold will naturally grow on their damp surfaces. Rooms like bathroom walls, window trim and kitchen backsplash are all prone to mold as they retain moisture the most, and are surrounded by steam, humidity and water.
They sometimes look like black stains or specks, also carrying different hues of orange, white, green and brown. They can also look like furry white growth on food, or small white dots.
What does mold do?
When there is mold present on our walls, food and surfaces, it’s more than likely that there are mold spores also floating through the air. These small particles of mold can cause allergies, asthma and breathing problems if not taken care of. To avoid similar issues, you should invest in mold removal in Vancouver.
How do I know I have a mold problem?
- Leaky roof: If you have a leaky roof, it’s likely that there is water trapped inside your walls or carpet. If your walls or rugs have a musty smell, there might be mold.
- Mold in the basement: It’s common for mold to grow in the basement as moisture and water from the home’s foundation seep through and touch carpets or wooden floors.
- Water damage: If you have water damage around windows, doors, roofs or floors, you can expect mold to grow.
- Visible mold specks: If there are visible mold specks on walls, floors, carpets, books, ceilings and other areas of the home, accompanied by stains or a musty smell, there’s a mold problem.
How can you get rid of a mold problem?
- Call us for professional mold removal in Vancouver
- For basic mold problems, you can scrub and disinfect said areas carefully
- Allow surfaces to dry well
- Throw away whatever can’t be washed, cleaned or disinfected
- Keep your home as dry as possible for the future
- Buy a humidity absorbing device
If you would like to speak to us about mold removal in Vancouver, please don’t hesitate to get in touch to book your in-home consultation or get an estimate.
Image courtesy of Wiki Commons.