Sometimes, projects don’t go as planned. Whether you just moved into a new home or discovered that your current home contains asbestos amidst renovations, it’s easy to panic. With the help of professionals well-versed in asbestos abatement Vancouver, however, it doesn’t have to be stressful.
So, what can you do if you discover you’re living in a home that is contaminated with asbestos?
If you or a contractor discovers there is an area in the home or workplace that may be contaminated, immediately put up a warning sign. Contact a trusted asbestos abatement Vancouver company like BC Green, and arrange to have a sample analyzed.
If the sample comes back positive for asbestos:
- Warn anybody who had been in the room, or you suspect may be affected.
- Evacuate anyone not required in the area.
- Leave alone undamaged materials that contain asbestos.
- Stay away from areas with damaged, asbestos-containing materials.
- Ensure children have no access to these areas.
- Take every precaution to ensure asbestos-containing material remains undamaged.
- Book in a sample by the qualified professionals at BC Green. It is highly recommended that you do not take samples yourself.
Don’t sweep, dust or vacuum any dust or debris that may contain asbestos. Leave it alone to avoid clouding the air.
- Avoid walking in and out of the room to avoid tracking asbestos-contaminated dust and debris throughout the house. If you must walk inside, change your clothing before going into the rest of the house, and wipe off your shoes on a wet mop.
If you plan on remodelling, it’s important that you speak to a professional if you suspect your home is contaminated with asbestos before going forward with the project. It’s fundamental that your home is effectively and safely cleared out of asbestos-containing materials prior to remodelling as the entire process could endanger not only your family but the workers as well.
Why Hire a Professional?
There are two types of asbestos professionals: inspectors and contractors. Inspectors are qualified to inspect homes and buildings, assess them and take samples of materials for laboratory testing. Contractors, on the other hand, are qualified and trained to repair and remove asbestos materials safely.
At BC Green, our team is comprised of experienced inspectors and contractors, to take care of your home from A to B with asbestos abatement Vancouver. If you need more information or would like to book in a sample, get in touch with us directly.